View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Skilled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crex
Another case 'n point - Here in GA, I can carry my concealed handgun into a public resturant legally but will go to jail if I pull out my custom 5" damascus steakknife to cut my steak!

LMAOff! Your killin' me. Wait a minute. When I quit laughing I'll finish...

Ok. Carl, you sir are man after my own heart. I want a man sized steak and a man sized knife! That is why we need to be involved in the political process. If we don't protect the constitution, the special interest will pay or bully politicians into usurping it.

I don't think a lot of knife makers understand the effect politics has on their hobby/business. Think about it. I'll bet there are knives in every home on the planet. Knives are the most primal, basic and useful tool on the planet. And yet knives and the people who produce them are taken for grated. If knife makers around this country ever banded together they would become one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the world.

I know I'm kind of sounding a little "Dr. Evil-ish," but your point about GA laws is important to knife owners and makers. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and right now I don't think we're squeaking enough.

Ok, soap box away. But your point is very valid. The most insincere people in this world can have the most profound effect on our business.

chiger,