View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Ray Rogers, Wauconda, WA
I make sporting knives, kitchen knives, and liner lock folders. I also forge damascus but do not forge blades.

I'm always happy to have anyone drop by for a few hours to visit. This happens very rarely due to the nearly unreachable location in which I live but it does happen. If you want to visit, plan to be here some time between May and the end of September because a winter visit is nearly impossible if you don't live in this area.

I can handle a visit of a few people for a few hours most any day during May - September but if you want to make a knife you should probably plan on staying a day or two. In that event, you would need to come alone as I don't have any place to put more than one person over night (there is a motel about 30 miles from here though). Anything over three people is a big crowd to me and my wife and/or my brother is almost always here too. Sorry, no tents either. Something would crawl in there with you and you probably wouldn't like it.

Visits are free although a 5 pound bag of whole unsalted peanuts is always welcome and helps pay your 'protection' from the local branch of the Rodent Mafia. For making knives, you can bring materials and supplies according to your needs or money if you prefer. The lessons are informal, the cost will be peanuts, materials, and something for the grill. Beer and machinery don't mix so I wouldn't plan on having much of that around.

Contact me through my website or a PM through KNET .......

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Last edited by Ray Rogers; 04-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.