View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Have you tried to adjust the lockup by re-aligning the liners or blade position?

Also, if you can verify that the above are set correctly, you can take a flat file and lightly (serious) sand the lock on the liner to allow the blade to slide in more. Be careful not to take much on each pass. Just hit it a time or two, then reassemble and test the lockup.

Remember everyone...
There is no such thing as a kit with a perfect lock-up when you first assemble it. I always like to start mine out by polishing all of the parts anyway, so slip and contact surfaces are deburred and smooth. This helps the action and the lock up of the knife from Jump Street. From here, I try to assemble mine with full lock contact, but only on the entry side of the lock surface. I allow the other 3/4's of the lock surface to be in reserve for future wear-in and adjustments.

If anyone needs help with their lockup or fit, etc... call us toll-free Monday-Friday from 9a-5p at (888-25-KNIFE). Sometimes it's easier to help when you can walk through the fix in real time.

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC