View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Master

Friend Omega

I have read their question and although I don't understand their questions completely, I will try to respond him.

The antacid inks are usually sold in specialized stores of fine arts (they are usually of asphalt or similar) he/she asks for the inks and if he/she didn't find them tells it to me and I will tell him as preparing an ink at home.

The acid when it attacks to the metal, he/she makes it in all the addresses (vertical and horizontal) but in a bigger surface, it attacks with more force and the acid warms. The borders of the ink are also attacked, but with smaller aggressiveness that the bottom of the steel. The attack to the borders is the delicate of the " etching " pu?s it should use a very good ink that it tolerated the acid. The acid will go eating the border, but if the line of the antacid ink is of an acceptable grosor (normal) it will support the attack during enough time and it will leave a beautiful engraving. there are diverse types of acids, mordant Dutch, ferric, nitric chloride, etc...
I personally use the nitric acid (40% to 45% of purity) but then it is diluted with water to reduce their attack force, it also depends from the metal to record.
The steel 440C, it is recorded of marvel and with a fantastic relief. there are people that think that to the stainless one alone a small relief can be given and that idea is not certain; with an appropriate technique to the steel a relief can be given of up to 5 or tenth 6 of millimeter, in a single attack of the acid.
The metal to be recorded can place in any position to be attacked, but the acid will work in a different way. In vertical it is a good attack position, because the remains of the decomposition of the metal, come off to the bottom of the recipient ;
If we work in horizontal the remains of the recorded metal, they accumulate in the bottom of the metal and it is necessary to go cleaning the surface of their remains, in a periodic way.
In vertical debit side of recording with certain slowness, because if the acid this very strong one, is formed an upward trail of bubbles and it affects to the uniform attack of the acid, creating irregularities in the bottom of the engraving.

I wait to have responded bi?n to their consultation and to contribute something from light to their doubts.
The translation will be a problem, but I send it to him in Spanish and they will be possible it to translate better.

A greeting of Montejano.

-------------------------------------------

Amigo Omega

He leido su pregunta y aunque no entiendo completamente sus preguntas , le intentar? responder .

Las tintas anti?cidas se suelen vender en tiendas especializadas de bellas artes ( suelen ser de asfalto o similares ) pregunte por las tintas y si no las encontrara d?gamelo y le dir? como preparar una tinta en casa .

El ?cido cuando ataca al metal , lo hace en todas las direcciones ( vertical y horizontal ) pero en una superficie mayor, ataca con m?s fuerza y el ?cido se calienta . Los bordes de la tinta tambi?n son atacados , pero con menor agresividad que el fondo del acero .El ataque a los bordes es lo delicado del " aguafuerte " pu?s debe de utilizarse una muy buena tinta que aguante el ?cido . El ?cido ir? comiendo el borde , pero si el trazo de la tinta anti?cida es de un grosor aceptable ( normal ) soportar? el ataque durante bastante tiempo y saldr? un grabado precioso .Hay diversos tipos de ?cidos , mordiente Holandes , cloruro f?rrico , n?trico , etc ...
Yo personalmente utilizo el ?cido n?trico ( 40% a 45% de pureza ) pero luego se diluye con agua para rebajar su fuerza de ataque , depende tambi?n del metal a grabar.
El acero 440C , se graba de maravilla y con un relieve fant?stico .Hay personas que piensan, que al inoxidable solo se le puede dar un peque?o relieve y esa idea no es cierta ; con una t?cnica adecuada al acero se le puede dar un relieve de hasta 5 ? 6 d?cimas de milimetro , en un solo ataque del ?cido .
El metal a grabar se puede colocar en cualquier posici?n para ser atacado , pero trabajar? de distinta manera el ?cido .En vertical es una buena posici?n de ataque , porque los restos de la descomposici?n del metal , se desprenden al fondo del recipiente ;
Si trabajamos en horizontal los restos del metal grabado, se acumulan en el fondo del metal y es preciso ir limpiando la superficie de sus restos , de forma peri?dica .
En vertical debe de grabar con cierta lentitud ,porque si el ?cido esta muy fuerte , se forma una estela ascendente de burbujas y afecta al ataque uniforme del ?cido , creando irregularidades en el fondo del grabado .

Espero haber respondido bi?n a su consulta y aportar algo de luz a sus dudas .
La traducci?n ser? un problema , pero se lo env?o en espa?ol y se lo podr?n traducir mejor .

Un saludo de Montejano .