Thread: Unique Sheath
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 03:27 PM
Skilled

Yes, I know you didn't post the knife, probably didn't know what knife came with that sheath, given you were asked to help recondition the sheath.

However, I had saved the original offering when it appeared on E-bay, thought about bidding on it myself. Then this second knife/odd-sheath came up a few weeks ago and I saved it too! .... didn't even occur to me that it was different from the first offering until you posted the sheath here.

The two E-bay offerings were from the same guy, and apparently the pictures featured the same knife with similar but different sheaths. That is all that I was noting, and there could be some reasonable explanations for this, or maybe there are two knifes, same name, etc.

I agree it is amazing that there are two well-worn sheaths with this system. Taking an "engineering" look at the retention strap, it is easy to see why the second one no longer had its strap, and had a newer handle wrap riveted on. If you move that fixed strap sideways enough it will eventually stretch and then fail.