MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:36 AM

Jerry Fisk - NLT '14 Bowie style fancy fighter

This is a very nice large Bowie style fighter by Jerry Fisk - another in his series of National Living Treasure (NLT) knives. The blade is 10.5 in. - OAL is 16 in. The damascus steel features Jerry's "Dog Star" pattern. An excellent sheath by Paul Long completes the package.

Per Jerry, "This knife has a bit of history. I mixed some World Trade Center steel in with the Damascus. I started with 13 layers, one for each Colony of our country so I could tie the beginning and modern times together. The blade was one of those I forged out on an upcoming episode of the History Channel were I was teaching Jesse James how to make Damascus. When I tested the knife it buried up into the 2x4 a bit wider than the width of the blade so I got about 2 inches deep in one cut, that made it worth finishing. The handle is female fossil Walrus, the mountings are of stainless.

The client wanted sea shells on the guard and the handle bars but other than that he did not care what I did, just make it nice. I hope I was able to get to that point. He was wanting a center piece for his collection. When a client does that I always try to give him more value than he paid for. Good business and good friendships are based on that principle so it was a fun piece for me.

I would never have thought years ago that engraving would take so much time to do. Nor would I have thought it gives me so much satisfaction on completion. I learned on this knife some things that I want to extend further, which is the whole point of making knives, to learn."

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 05-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Wowzie!!! Wonderful knife, engraving, sheath and pitcher taking!!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Skilled

Stunning!!!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Steel Addict

Oh my, that is a true gem!!!

Tags
beginning, blade, bowie, damascus, engraving, fighter, forged, guard, handle, how to, knife, knives, made, make, making, package, pattern, sheath, stainless, steel, world trade center