MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Trade Report

The Trade Report This forum is for posting comments on your transactions with Knife Network members. Good comments can go a long, long way ... and so can bad. This board will be tightly monitored. Please keep on topic.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Administrator

chongkung1990@yahoo.com is a Scammer!

Add this person to your scammer lists.

(chongkung1990@yahoo.com)

He was caught trying to scam Classified sellers on the KNet. Pay attention ... he may try it on your regular site's next!

AV users can block him using the website control panel tool called "SpamVault".

To do this, block his e-mail address with a new "From" filter (using his address above) and you'll never get anything he sends to your domain.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Administrator

This was copied to me from one of our members. He had written the scammer back to see what the response would be. Check it out and learn from it ...

----
I appreciate the response regarding my offer on the (knife ).i have told my client about the condition of the ( knife ) and he is eased with also since the rice is $720 my client has agreed to issue out the amount of $3,500 from the certified check. So all you have to do is just to deduct the cost of the (knife ) and then kindly assist in wiring the rest of the funds to the shipping company through Western Union Money Transfer they are the who would be coming for the pickup and handle all shipping arrangements too. These funds would be used for arranging the shippment and also make arrangements for all necessary shipping documents.So all you have to do is just to provide me with the information which the payment would be sent to you like
your...Full Name.......
Home Address...
city........
State.........
Zipcode........
Country......
Home, cell, work phone numbers.....
So as soon as all these det ails have been provided payment woul d be issued out to you as soon as possible.Also i would like to view the pics too.I would be expecting to read from you
best regards
-----

You'll see this type of scam worked several ways. It always results in the same ending ... fraud!

A good rule of thumb is to have 100% cleared funds in your hand before shipping a knife, unless you know the buyer personally or they have an established reputation around our community.

Of course, if you ever suspect fraud is being committed, come seek our help and we'll be glad to assist to try to help you avoid it. If nothing else, we'll post their names and e-mail addresses for you to see, helping everyone avoid this type of snake! ~~~0=

Alex

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 05-06-2005, 05:44 AM

That scam is used on everything from knives to watches to even bicycles (yup... I got one for a bike I had on EBAY)!!! Just put someting up for sale on the internet and you'll get an offer like that. The check or money order is always NO GOOD, then you're out your item and all that cash you send back to them...

Tags
knife, knives