MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 07-22-2001, 02:54 PM
icehorse1

Laser engraving-Market Needs?

Our Company, Eagle Creek Custom Etched, is in the personalization market. We were recently approched by one of our existing Customers to laser engrave on an antler. We had never done this before, although we routinely engrave wood and leather. Anyhow, we gave it a try and the results were outstanding! Please see pic; also, I need to note I'm a much better etcher than a photographer!
We then starting looking at what markets might need this type of engraving. Being an avid hunter, I have many knives including several custom ones. Custom knife making seems to be a natural to use this technolgy. We can engrave virtually any name, brand, logo, or art scene at a fraction of the price of scrimshaw. And, it's permanent-no rub off. We can also duplicate any design on the knife handle on the leather sheath.
However, although we're excellent etchers, we don't really know the Your needs as custom knife makers. We have several sets of scales ordered. But, can we etch these before you make the knife? Or, will your handle manufacture wipe out our etching? What types of wood, antler, composite material should we etch as examples? Where should we post examples? Shows to attend? What types of images would Your Customers prefer?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggustions.www.custom-etched.com
Will Pote
ECCE

Old 07-22-2001, 03:27 PM
dogman

I moved this to the supply center. This would be a good idea for short run and special order stuff like a police unit requesting a group of knives.

Tags
knife, knife making, knives