MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 05-15-2001, 10:54 AM
NickWheeler

Best way to work out this steel order?

I wanted to find out what everyone wants to do on this steel order.

I have been getting some emails about sending me money...and I don't even have the steel yet. I don't want to have anyone's money if I don't have anything to send them.

I suggested the idea before of doing this like an ebay sale. If Jens sends me all of the steel, then I could just have a list of what everyone wants and their addresses. I could then get shipping quotes, drop each person an email and upon receiving payment...send the steel to each person.

Or I could just send it along with an invoice and then you send payment.

How does this sound? What will work for eveyone?

Is there a shipping preference?

Please sound off here and let me know how we can do this so that everyone is happy in the end!

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-15-2001, 12:05 PM
Don Cowles

First, Nick, thanks for offering to be the clearing house. I think we are probably going to have to nail down what everyone wants, and forward the money for the steel to Jens so he can pay for it. We can sort out shipping costs once we have the steel here in the US, at the time it is being distributed.

I think your suggestion on sending out emails with shipping costs would work just fine. One thing we don't wasnt to forget about is adding the cost of duty and trans-atlantic shipping to the value of the steel when we are figuring out the cost per piece/pound of that.

Tags
forge