MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Enthusiast

Yesterday

Ladies and Gentlemen...One more time, I am amazed at all of you who make these quarterly meetings so special....when Ralph was asked to pray for a blessing of the food we were about to
share, he asked God's blessings on this "Gathering of Friends"...how appropriate is that....we have all, at one time or another, commented on the friends we have found within the community of knifemakers we see at each of these meetings, and yesterday was not an exception. When we see the younger guys, like Adam Reese, connecting with our more "seasoned" guys, (Wayne Hensley, Joe Sangster, Travis Daniel, and the list goes on) we have to know that as information is shared between people who have similar interests, this super passion for making knives is alive and well. We all benefit from giving and receiving help from each other. I know that I am especially blessed because of all of you. Thank You!! James
Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Enthusiast

yesterday PS

In the post earlier today, I got interrupted and did not completely finish.....Thanks to Craig Schneeberger and Don Tommey for their efforts in putting together a really great program...and to Dr Joe and Colonel Ambrose, Sally Sangster and everyone else who worked hard to make sure we had great food and a good time at a beautiful location.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Skilled

i thought this was a special time and i really enjoy getting to see and talk to new as well as old friends. The demos were great. And thanks to all who put this together

Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

I hope someone who took pictures is able to post some of them. I think everyone had a great time. I was sweating it without Randy.

There was one important thing that we forgot to mention. The Board voted to increase the scholarship fund amount up to $500 for the current $250. We are going to update the application to include a little history about the formation of the fund and it will explain more in detail about the process for applying.
We will have more details in the next newsletter.

I also want to thank Dr. Joe, the Col., and Jim Collins for a wonderful time.

I know Jerry Costin had a good time. He's probably sitting in his new rocker looking at that new knife. (Jerry won both the scholarship drawing knife donated by Warren Glover and he won one of the chairs donate by Jim Collins)
Old 10-18-2012, 02:18 PM

Dr. Joe, my wife and I want to thank you, your wife Sally, Col. Ambrose for your hospitality. It was a great weekend! As I say "It's the only doctor appointment I look foward to."
I would like to know if there is anything Don Tommey can't make.
Thank's again,
Jim & Patrice

Tags
knife, knives, make, making, post, ralph