MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM
Steel Addict

LeclairKnives Giveaway

Hey all, I hope this is ok to post here if not mods please either move or delete it.

The other day I saw a post on FaceBook in which my best friend's 18yr old little brother harvested his very first deer. A nice young mulie buck. I posted on his page congratulating him on his success. The next morning I had an email from my friends brother, He was writing to inquire about a hunting knife. however he is a young guy just getting out and couldnt afford to buy one from me. After thinking about it for a bit I decided that I was going to give him the knife I made this year for my annual hunting trip.

That brings me to the give away, I want to give away 2 more knives to deserving young hunters. To submit an entry post a picture of the candidate with his/her first Turkey, Deer, Elk, Moose etc... and a little back story about the hunt and why the candidate is deserving.

Here are the rules:
The candidate must be a new hunter having harvested their first animal this year.
If the candidate is under the age of 18 he/she must have parental consent to recieve the knife.
Candidates may not enter themselves. I would prefer to have deserving candidates nominated.
Post candidates in this thread up untill 12:00 pm MST on December 8th 2012 and hopefully the winners will have a new knife in time for christmas.
winner one, will be chosen by myself and winner two, will be chosen by my lovely wife based upon the information provided by the nominator.

Here is a picture of the knives as they sit right now.

They are 7.25" long with approx. 3.5" blades. They are both 440C and have been Ht'd and RC tested at 60.The only real difference between them is that one is 1/8" the other is 3/16". One will get Micarta handles the other will get wood.

Thanks everyone for helping me help out some new hunters
StaySharp
Jason Leclair

Last edited by J.Lec; 11-12-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Maybe you should post a picture of the knives....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Steel Addict

pic added

Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Master

Isn't 5/16 a tad thick for a knife that small? They look great by the way, very nice lines. I wish I could pull off a flat grind.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal99 View Post
Isn't 5/16 a tad thick for a knife that small? They look great by the way, very nice lines. I wish I could pull off a flat grind.
lol oops i meant 3/16" haha and the knives are hollow ground on a 10" wheel
fixed it up top, thanks

Last edited by J.Lec; 11-12-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Probably meant 5/32" ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Master

a nice gesture and a great incentive for sure for the youngn's.........this is my daughters first eligible year to hunt, she's been a trooper for sure battling the frigid elements but she hasn't connected yet. Another couple weeks but the mercury is dippin again this week..........we'll keep at er as long as she can stand the cold !! Ok as long as I can stand the cold !!

Last edited by BCROB; 11-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Tags
back, bee, buck, choose, chris, christmas, cold, flat, flat grind, handle, handle scales, helping, hunting, hunting knife, knife, knives, made, material, post, scales