MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 11-01-2005, 10:53 AM

Talking THE WINNERS!: "BUDDY SYSTEM"! "Cap's cap CONTEST!!

Howdy everyone!

I have tallied up the results of all those who were eligible to enter the Captain's "Buddy System" contest. If you recall the folks who received credit for signing up the most new members to the Knife Network would win the following prizes, which were generously provided by Captain Chris:

1st prize: A $200.00 gift certificate from Sportsman's Services, to be used towards the Randall order you have been thinking about!!

2nd prize: A $100.00 gift certificate!

3rd prize: A $50.00 gift certificate!

Also: Everyone who brought someone on board would receive their choice of a Randall "tumbler" or "mug".

There is a tie for first place between Raindog and Silverknife, so Gary and Doug will split the two top prizes for a $150 gift certificate each.

There is also a tie for third place between thewap and tunefink, so Marc and Mitchell will each receive the third prize for a $50 gift certificate each. :cool:

Thanks again to Cap for initiating this contest and providing the prizes.

Thanks to to all those who participated, even if you were ineligible to win, and congratulations to the winners!

We've saved Cap all those tumblers and mugs, since the other "winners" were not eligible, or have declined their prize.

Please contact the Captain by PM, email or phone to claim your prize.

Cheers!

David

Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
Honestly, I had forgotten about this contest and didn't know that I was in the running. Thanks!

- Ronald Reagan
Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Code of The West: #5 Never say die and never give up!
You said it Gary, and see it paid off!

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 11-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Enthusiast

Cool! I too had forgotten all about the contest. Thanks Cap and MooseNoggin. Gotta get out the catalog and start thinkin' about my next Randall !! Of course the best part is being able to participate in a site where mutual respect and mutual admiration for all things Randall reigns supreme. Regards, Doug
Old 11-04-2005, 04:37 PM

Congrats to you Doug, and thanks for your kind words about the forums!

It's always a treat to win a contest that you forgot about.

It's not good to hold the winning lottery ticket to a multi-million dollar jackpot, and remember where you hid it one day after it expires.

Please let us know, (and Raindog too )what you guys end up ordering from the Captain. :cool:

Cheers!

David

Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Enthusiast

Smile

Will do. I'm thinkin it's going to have silver hardware, natch. Beyond that, gonna cogitate a bit. Don't want to rush into this ya know. Maybe one of the Cap's dealer specials with a really nice elephant tip I've been saving for a special occasion, or a #12-8 Bear with lugged silver hilt, silver collar, elephant ivory handle and silver butt cap. Decisions, decisions, decisions. Regards, Doug
Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Skilled

Doug, I would go with the Stanaback with silver 1/2 hilt and just the right piece of tip ivory. Black / white python sheath with no hone and black and silver spacers. Oh, you didn't ask? Sorry, just had to throw my 2 cents in anyway. I'll ask you what everybody asks me. Is this going to be a user The planning and waiting is at least half the fun so, enjoy to the fullest and congratulations! Just take some pictures for us when you get it please.

Seussbrother
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Enthusiast

Seuss, actually I'd appreciate ideas. You know how much fun planning the next Randall is and if others want to join in, that would make it all the more fun. As far a a user goes, I have a good camp knife (#3-7), fishing knife (#10-5), Coast Guard Aux duty knife (#15-5) and back-up, hideout self-defense knife (Kahr PM .40). So.... I want to add to my collection of Randall art knives. Silver, Ivory, scrimshaw (on elephant) and engraving. I have 3 Randalls with Joe Mason, an engraver who I met at the Blade Show in June. I liked his work, and after I gave him the knives ( a #2-6 elephant, #12-6 Little Bear Narwhal and #2-7 Narwhal), Greg Gutcher told me that he has had work done by him also. I'll post some pics when I get them back. Regards, Doug

Last edited by silverknife; 11-05-2005 at 06:45 AM.

Tags
blade, fishing knife, knife, knives