MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast

0-1 and cocobolo camp knife

Finished this last night, i have had this knife on the desk for a while now waiting for someone big.

This knife is 0-1 steel cocobolo wood handle The guy that get it is big we put our hands together and my hand looks like a 12 year olds hand in his, he is
6-11" " with 8 years of boxing I still think I can woop him but sure would hate to get by them hammers he calls hands" "LOL" he works in the prisons here in San Diego .so the handle is big 5 1/2" long also the blade is 5 1/2 " long, its 1/4 thick ,and a side note I'm not doing well today I broke out in red splotches can breath good and itch like hell ,my face is swollen and have turned real red on the upper body last night was bad I took some Benadril pills and put cream"benadril" one me It helped with the itching but not all the way . I guess me and cocobolo don't get along ,I have used it before without having this happen to me if it don't get better by tonight I'll have to go to the sawbones to get help so please tell me what you think of my knife The guys gonna use it for camping ,chopping ,heavy work knife

Last edited by ironarm knives; 07-24-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Enthusiast

bad wood "LOL"

udate on wood poison so I had to go to the sawbones last night he gave me prednisone said I should be in the hosp. for a few days to keep an eye on me but being I'm ex-medic he said I should know what or when to come to the hosp. when needed I feel better today but at half the man I was my face has scab like cote over my nose below my eyes uper body neck red rashes but feeling better so the meds are working .being this wood never hurt me before doing this in my shorts
and tanktop and being it was 100 der. in the shop I had this dust all over me hell I was even using the deremel tool right up to my face had dust 2" thick on my arms DUMM I never even thought it would hurt me now that I have read some on wood poisoning I'll do better with the mask and stuff but all in all the guy likes the knife "LOL"
Old 06-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Steel Addict

Glad you're feeling better. It's interesting that the cocobolo got you this time, but hasn't in the past. Makes me want to be more careful in the future.

Mike
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallace
Glad you're feeling better. It's interesting that the cocobolo got you this time, but hasn't in the past. Makes me want to be more careful in the future.

Mike
ya no more tank tops and shorts working with the wood but I charge him a extra 30.00 for the meds I had to buy "LOL" he loved the knife I could see it on his face ,it sure makes you feel good to know some one like what you made !!!!

Tags
blade, knife