MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Skilled

A few things I give thanks for

Here is a few things I'm thankful for,

I'm most thankful for my wife of 35 years. Man she is the greatest.

I'm thankful to be able to get out of bed every morning and meet a new day. Have a fresh cup of coffee and be able to start this thread at 4:30 am.

I'm thankful to have Ed and the rest of the knife community as my freinds.

Thanks

Bing

MLazyB Custom Knives
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Amen Bing!

I was going to start a "Happy Thanksgiving thread, but I'm gona follow the leader!

The things that I am thankful for....

-To be alive, and regaining my strength and health!

-A wonderful Wife, a loving Daughter, who is about to graduate from nursing school, and of whom I couldn't be more proud!. A dear Mom who live close enough that I can take care of her and enjoy her company and wisdom.

-The abilities and ambitions that God has given me.

-The wonderful "family" of friends that I have within our "Knife Community"

I know I've already expressed it, but its worth saying it again...Cindy and I have been overwhelmed and deeply touched with the outpouring of love and caring that all of you have shown us! Some how the word "friends" just doesn't have enough meaning to convey whats in my heart. I've been abundantly Blessed with all of you, and deeply appreciate all the phone calls, emails, and well wishes! Thank God for all of you, and for your caring hearts!

To everyone...Happy Thanksgiving! And may the new year bring hope, health, and prosperity to each and every one of you!

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

My wife flipped her car over on an icy road one week ago today. I'm extremely thankful that she was not seriously hurt, just a few minor cuts and bruises. It could have been so much worse! And, even though the car was totaled and we had paid $3000 for it just one year ago and the loss wasn't covered by insurance I'm thankful that I was able to find an even better car to replace it for a lot less money than the first one.

I'm thankful that my brother finally found a job and will be returning to work tomorrow.

I'm thankful that the doctors were wrong when they said I would be blind by age 30, I'm 60 now and I can still see well enough to enjoy the avocation we all share.

I'm thankful that Ed and Don Robinson and all the others who have recently had medical troubles seem to be doing well and will be with us for a good long time yet. And, I'm thankful that we all had the chance to know some of the wonderful knife makers who have left us in the last few years.

I'm thankful that I have enough firewood and a new pair of insulated overalls this year. I'm thankful for the sacrifices our troops are making every day and I'll be even more thankful when and if their sacrifices are no longer necessary.

I'm constantly and eternally thankful for blessings large and small and beyond counting ...

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Master

Thanks guys for the reminder that I'm on an easy streak right now and how fragile it is. Thoughts and prayers for health and each individuals ability to pursuit their best new year yet.

Take care, Craig
Old 11-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Skilled

amen to all of the above!!!!!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to DiamondG Knives
This is a bitter sweat Thanksgiving for me, it is the first after we lost my Father in September.

But thankful that we had all the wonderful years together, and especially thankful that I was blessed with a job that allowed so many summers off that were spent with him.

I am thankful for my wonderful wife of 24 years, my two beautiful children who are healthy and wonderful kids.

I am thankful that God has blessed me with the ability to provide for my family

I am thankful for all my friends, those that I have met, and those that are via the internet but still dear friends.

I am thankful to live in such an amazing country, who while not always perfect in my mind, is still the only place I would want to live.

And to our troops, at home and abroad, thank you each and every one for all that you do for us.

To all of you , May God Bless you and your family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

God Bless
Mike

Old 11-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Living Legend

I'm thankful for my wife of 14 years.

I'm thankful for the chance I have to serve.

I'm thankful for my friends.

Everything else is gravy.

Jim

Old 11-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Guru

I am Thankful that Jesus died for me.

I am Thankful for my Wife, who beat Breast Cancer this year.

I am Thankful for my 3 daughters, sons in law, and 6 grandchildren that never fail to make me smile.

I am Thankful for the Brave Men and Women protecting us so that we can be Thankful.

I am Thankful for every moment I get to spend in front of my forge, and the smell of burning coal.

I am Thankful for every Hammer-in I've ever been to, and the Brotherhood of Knifemakers I have been fortunate enough to meet.

KempKnives.com

Tags
forge, knife, knives