MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast

Proving authenticity as being eligible for discount

Hi there, I'm still getting started in knifemaking; however, when my business is built up, I wish to offer some kind of discount for military, police, EMS, firefighter, and an infinite number of other people who put their lives on the line for others. However, I want them to prove (if they buy through internet for example) that they are who they say they are. Would having a customer send of photo of a badge or I.D. be the best thing? I just wonder if you are supposed to take pictures of such items for their own personal security. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks! -Aaron
Old 01-29-2011, 02:50 PM

I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question. I noticed that this was posted a few months ago, so I realize that you may have found the answer somewhere else by now. But if not, what I would do if I were you is cruise the websites of some well respected tactical knifemakers and see what they're doing. If they offer a discount like that, they probably have instructions on their site so the military guys know how to take advantage of it. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:33 PM

I'm a few months late but maybe this will help. Any gov't employee (LEO, firefightert, military,etc.) will have a gov't email address. That doesn't verify their exact position but does verify their employer. If you request an ID, ask for a picture ID. Anybody can buy a badge off the internet. Again, gov't IDs typically have a persons name, title, organization, etc.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Enthusiast

Drummer,

I would agree with using the e-mail address idea, but you cannot legally make a copy of a military id.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-17-2015, 03:40 PM

I am thinking about certifications, and authentic gift cards etc.
I work at a printing shop so I know all the ins and outs on this. (Im at work right now actually ) If anyone wants to follow up with me on this let me know. Ill get some options going for you.

Twitter: Elliot Fox @ VulpiniKnives
Old 01-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16over View Post
Drummer,

I would agree with using the e-mail address idea, but you cannot legally make a copy of a military id.
In the state of CA at our printing shop we can make copies of #########, DL's, MID's, etc.
Maybe its different in other states, I dont know. (I dont think it is, as long as your not trying alter the Identification Card in question in any way shape or form.) But as long as making a quick copy for records it is fine over here.

Twitter: Elliot Fox @ VulpiniKnives

Tags
identification, make, making, military, shop, tactical