MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Organizations and Club Boards > Georgia Knifemaker's Guild

Georgia Knifemaker's Guild The Georgia Knifemaker's Guild. Furthering and fostering the passion of knives, knifemaking, and related interests

Old 06-21-2004, 11:23 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Talking Moved: Signer's Cramp (or Purchasing our First Home!)

Boy, I feel like someone whacked my forearm with a baseball bat. I just signed the purchase contract on our first home! We found a very nice 2-story home with basement, in a subdivision that's kinda out in the country with a gorgeous view of the North Georgia mountains. We'll close on June 25th. Things are moving so fast for us. This time last week, buying a house seemed a million miles away, but I found out my credit was better than I thought, and that we could actually afford the payments. We looked at houses last Thursday, and some on Memorial Day. Leila found the house she wanted yesterday.

I'm very happy, because I know I've made Leila happy. She's always wanted us to have our own place, not a place shared (like we're doing now with her parents) or a place borrowed (like the last place we borrowed from my parents).

I'm happy because it has a huge basement that has "SHOP!!!" written all over it.

I know this has nothing to do with knives, but I've always considered the CKD my extended family, and I couldn't help but share the good news with you.

I guess now I have no reason not to host one of the Georgia Custom Knifemakers' Guild meetings!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 06-21-2004, 11:24 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
Posted by Helmar4578:

Congratulations, Jamey---

Where near the mountains will you be located? Sandy (a member of your CKD family)

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 06-21-2004, 11:24 AM

Posted by Crex:

See......if you'd a been practicing your smithing techniuqes, your arm wouldn't be sore at all!
Congrats Jamey and Leila, I'm sure you will enjoy many good memory making moments in your new home.
When's the house warming?

Crex Custom Knives

Old 06-21-2004, 11:26 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Crex
See......if you'd a been practicing your smithing techniuqes, your arm wouldn't be sore at all!

You never give up, do you?

Sandy, we're in Buford, but our subdivision slopes down to the Chattahoochee River, so I can look north out over the river and see what are probably hills to you. I'm from the flatlands around Savannah, so anything over 20 feet high is a mountain to me...

Actually, we're right between Buford and Cumming, in the corner formed by the 'hooch and Lake Lanier.

PS: Thanks, guys, for the well-wishes. It really means a lot to both of us.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:26 AM

Posted by MrsJoan:

Congrats Jamey & Leila!!!

Nothing like knowing the place we call home is just that. John & I bought ours 28 years ago and now cars (and John's shop) cost more than we paid for it---go figure. We all can't wait for the house warming / knife meeting visit. Carl, I know you heard that offer, we are your wittnesses.

mrsjoan

Old 06-21-2004, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsjoan
We all can't wait for the house warming / knife meeting visit. Carl, I know you heard that offer, we are your wittnesses.
OK -- I hereby volunteer to host the November meeting! How's that?

Thanks again for the well wishes.

Posted by Crex:

Smooooooth Joan! Never new what bit him.
And no I can't give it up.......I'm on a mission!
Now for a house warming gift, hmmmmm, couple of good hammers, or 50#'s of charcoal, or some real long pliers (tongs), or some fire brick, or some round O-1 barstock, or...................
geez this is hard decision time!

Crex Custom Knives

Posted by MrsJoan:

I say the hammes or the fire bricks (as in light a fire under)---either Lelia could use to "motivate" him on the LONG "honey do" list she will have for him

Last edited by Jamey Saunders; 06-21-2004 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsjoan
I say the hammes or the fire bricks (as in light a fire under)---either Lelia could use to "motivate" him on the LONG "honey do" list she will have for him
Yeah, she's already making out that list. In fact, it looks like the first weekend we're in the house, we're going to be re-painting all the rooms. The builder will only paint them the standard colors, so even though the inside hasn't been painted, we can't choose the colors.

The good news is that my father-in-law does inspections for the county, and he knows the builder. We may be able to get that taken care of... :evil

Old 06-21-2004, 11:47 AM

Posted by Crex:

That-a-boy Jamey! Use every bit of leverage you can and hold the builder to his contract. A slippery bunch at times. Not all mind you, but seems the ones I've had the missfortune to deal with required consant watching. Best of luck.

Crex Custom Knives

Tags
knife, knives