MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 11-24-2003, 09:23 PM

" 5 " More Photos from Master Lloyd Hale

I am anxious for more of our visitors, makers, engravers and artists to see another group of photos from Lloyd Hale. I will take the opportunity to say that Lloyd is probably one of the finest art knife makers around. If he is willing, which he has already displayed, will teach us a lot. Keep him busy answering questions. Just take a look at the knives below....and see what all of us old makers have know for nearly a life time. Lloyd Hale has a lot to offer.

Old 11-24-2003, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the post of Lloyd's unbelievable work. I could spend hours just trying to soak in the detail of each knife. Lloyd's knowledge in immense and we are really lucky to have him here on the CKD.

Bob Sigmon

BTW - Jim, your engraving is pretty inspiring also.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:39 PM
Skilled

####..hard to find the words.. I'm sure the rest of the folks that respond will have similar feelings..One comment I would like to make is that Lloyd has a different look and "feel" to almost every knife I have seen. I'm new at this I admit, and have only seen maybe 15 or so of his knives, but those I have seen are all unique. The treatment he gave this San Francisco styled fixed blade is just so beautiful, and the folder is just beyond wild. One thing I noticed right off was the abalone inlay around the bolsters edge, just like some of our engravers (that's you Jim..) would do with some inlay or dark background... Then drawing the bolster to a needle point in the center, amazing.. Thanks for such a neat post to you both...Rich
Old 11-25-2003, 05:59 PM
Master

Thanks Lloyd for make these knives available for us to see. Please keep showing your stuff. Also enjoyed seeing Julie's engraving.

Joe Mason

Tags
art knife, blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives