MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 11-18-2004, 12:00 AM

NYC weekend - Something for everyone...!

Guys,

As you know, many of us went to the NYC Show last week. I saw a great many makers, collectors, and fellow members there. (Jerry and I hung out!) I only wish I could have hung out even more, but I was too busy scarfing up great knives!

But before I even left this Terzuola arrived. I just got around to the photos now. An old familiar face..

It's exactly as one would expect in all aspects.

Lourens Prinsloo had this little guy on the table, and it didn't take much to convince me to take it home. It's a favorite pocket carry.

Great polishing on the flats and perimeter of the blade, with rubbed finish on the bevels. Shweet.

Next stop was a visit to Dennis Blaine from Cutlery Specialties . We met, we talked, we bargained, and I came home with something especially suited to my collection. I LOVE a 'guardless' knife, and this one has *such* a pleasing shape. It stopped me cold. I love that flame etch, and the whole #### knife was forged from a file. Daniel himself emailed me to say it was from the early nineties. Cool!

That sheep horn grips like nobody's business!

Coming back around, I spotted this one off in the far corner of Hank Rummell's cabinet. What beautiful lines and curves! "Hank, can I see this one? Who is it?" Ahhhhhhh..... the sought-after Phil Boguszewski. Lockback, ehhh? I *like* lockbacks! And that said, this one CLACKS into position loud enough to wake my son. I could open and close this all day long....

But that's not all! The BIG thumbstud spins free and pivots while opening. Cool factor=10!

OK, I'm almost finished. But I have been chatting with a new dealer from the Northeast who is going to carry this next maker's work regularly and has NOTHING but top-level stuff on his table. Paul Shindler is starting up a site called www.KnifeLegends.com, and I am helping him with photos. In return, he helped me choose this fantabulous twin-blade by Ryuchi Kawamura. Paul sent him a photo and asked if he could duplicate the Remington R-423 pattern. I don't know much about originals, but this one is SOOOOO clean and well-made I couldn't resist. Absolutely flawless. Remember the name if you can.

I like variety, and each of these represent quality in their niche. Why limit yourself!?

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 11-19-2004, 01:01 PM

Nary a comment? ####. You folks must be numb to quality. Either that or you have seen this just about everywhere else....

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 11-19-2004, 01:08 PM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
I'll comment!

One hell of a collection, there. I have the utmost envy for you being able to handle such beauty on a regular basis. I'm not a big fan of tactical stuff, but that Terzoula is sweet. And that copy of the Remington is something I definately be proud to own. The rest of them are gorgeous, too.

You know, sometimes I just sit and flip through your gallery. Kinda like going to the mall to watch the pretty girls, but without the elbow in the ribs from the wife!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist
Old 11-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Skilled

Coop, you scored, that Ryuchi piece has to be seen to be believed, I know cause I saw it and I believe .

I was hoping to get a review of the show done, but it's just been crazy for me at work and by the time I get home I just don't have the energy anymore.

~ Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum ~
Old 11-19-2004, 05:41 PM

Awesome Coop! And can you say b - i - n - g - e ?

PS: Great pics as always and wonderful spirit of generosity in sharing your excitement in owning these incredible knives with the rest of us pilgrims. Much appreciated!
BT

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 11-22-2004, 07:40 AM
Skilled

This group would make a nice little instant knife collection. Love the stubby little Prinsloo folder. And the Winkler hunter has character to spare. Nice stuff Coop!

Roger

Tags
blade, knife, knives