MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 07-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Living Legend

A sample of Dusty's work

Hi guys,

Here's that NY Special I made for my brother-in-law's wedding (all Mahoneys must go armed to the alter, lets you know what kind of family I married into ) I asked for engraving just before Blade. The engraving was done by Dusty Moulton, the sheath by Sandy and the photo by Coop.

I was looking for a simple design to break up the starkness of the bolsters and the handle material and a lot of great people were willing to help out. I look forward to working with some of the others in the future, some of the designs sent to me were nothing but gorgeous.

Dusty, even with being swamped with work getting ready for Blade, came up with a great design that added just the right touch to the bolsters. It relieved the starkness and gave a center of interest without grabbing and holding the eyes.

I really liked how it turned out. Sandy and Coop brought out the rest very well with their work.

Jim

Last edited by Drac; 07-01-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
Skilled

Brother-in-law knife

Jim: All I can say about that knife is that I would even submit to being your brother-in-law to get a knife like that. Sheath and photo work is superb as well.

Paul Long
Old 07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Living Legend

dusty .. i must say that is just nice very simple but great work .and sandy it must have been a lot of work getting all of those little circles on that sheath it looks great .. only joking . all of the work on this knife is nothing but the best .. thanks for shareing ron

Old 07-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Living Legend

Paul, thanks, I'm hoping he'll like it.

Ron, thanks as well and don't laugh too hard. If I understand Sandy right (hopefully he'll give details in the Sheath forums) he did make the pattern in the leather, its simulated sting ray.

Jim

PS Ron- I like the last of your postings, printed it out for, hopefully, some ideas for when I can get the time, money and right knife together to ask you to do some work

Last edited by Drac; 07-01-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Steel Addict

That is a nice package all the way around. The engraving pattern really suits the knife. Thanks for sharing the nice photograph.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Master

Jim D. You have a great team working on this knife. Dusty, Sandy and Coop. Great looking knife. Thanks for showing it.

Joe

Old 07-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Living Legend

jim i was only joking about the dots i though it was sting ray . when you are ready just give me a call and we can work up some thing .. and we got to give some credit to coop he did a fantastic job photographing this already beautiful knife .

Old 07-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Living Legend

Thanks everyone,

Ron, I couldn't believe it when I first saw it I thought it was stingray too. Talk about patience, to sit there and punch each of those circles by hand .

Jim

Tags
blade, knife