MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 02-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Steel Addict

Advice on shows?

I have here some new work that is in process. Your advice and critiquing would be appreciated. I am getting curious about knife shows but have never attended any. I am not sure if I am ready or not, is there a certain level of engraving required for these shows and if so does this meet their standards. As you all know, I am just trying to break into the knife market after spending most of my carreer as a firearm engraver and I really don't want to start shows untill I know I am ready. Also, for you guys who attend these shows, what is your set up like? Do you have a table full of samples or just photo albums with 1 or 2 sample knives? Also, what is the average expenses for doing a show.?
Any advice and critique would e appreciated.

D?Angelo Engraving

Wayne A. D'Angelo
Old 06-06-2006, 09:04 PM

I dont know much about the Shows either But it looks to me Like you been ready to do one for awhaile if you did the kNife in the picture , Johnny Stout would be a good guy to talk to about it , Tank
Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
I would suggest posting this over in the "Fine Embellishment" forum. I have my views on knife shows, but not from an engravers standpoint. I know several engravers will be at the Blade Show in Atlanta next weekend. Right now there's a big trend in knifemaking (at least in the Bladesmith arena) where Bladesmiths are learning how to engrave. I think it stems from the fact that most of us are pretty fanatical about sole authorship. I've been at it just about a year now.....but my engraving has a LONG ways to go before I consider it "good."

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 06-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Skilled

I know nothing about engraving, but if you did that knife in the picture, I'd say youd be welcomed anywhere...that stuff amazes me....hurts my brain just thinking about the concentration.

http://www.schottknives.com
Old 03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Enthusiast

nice knife.

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives