MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Steel Addict

Great bunch of knives.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Enthusiast

http://s613.photobucket.com/user/Vance_Hanna/media/Knives/DSCF0744_zpshjpwkfcv.jpg.html?filters[user]=143832976&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1 This is My EDC
Old 09-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Skilled

Vance, nice Buck. The idea behind this thread is for makers to use their own knives. It's kind of like a cook who wont eat his own cooking yet tell people his food is good. As a maker you will learn more from using, and abusing your knives than any feedback because people will usually sugar coat what they think. Anyway, it's better you figure out where you need to improve than have Joe Sixpack tell you. Trust me, that's embarrassing.

The knife you make for yourself doesn't have to be the prettiest, but potential buyers do respect the fact you have enough trust in your blades to use them.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:00 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccustomknives View Post
Vance, nice Buck. The idea behind this thread is for makers to use their own knives. It's kind of like a cook who wont eat his own cooking yet tell people his food is good. As a maker you will learn more from using, and abusing your knives than any feedback because people will usually sugar coat what they think. Anyway, it's better you figure out where you need to improve than have Joe Sixpack tell you. Trust me, that's embarrassing.

The knife you make for yourself doesn't have to be the prettiest, but potential buyers do respect the fact you have enough trust in your blades to use them.
Well my first knives are not done yet and are not folders so i doubt they will become an EDC, and i dont have the skills to make a folder.

On the other hand #### these have been some nice looking knives.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:29 AM
Skilled

I don't know where you live Vance, in a lot of places fixed blades are illegal to carry. But one of those can be an edc, it doesn't have to be a folder. Many places do allow sheath knives (check your local laws). For the record, all I have is a blacksmith's shop and not special tooling. I've made 3 folders (kept 1) from nothing more than my belt sander and a drill press. If anything you can get a cheap folder and make a new blade for it. That's a fun project.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccustomknives View Post
I don't know where you live Vance, in a lot of places fixed blades are illegal to carry. But one of those can be an edc, it doesn't have to be a folder. Many places do allow sheath knives (check your local laws). For the record, all I have is a blacksmith's shop and not special tooling. I've made 3 folders (kept 1) from nothing more than my belt sander and a drill press. If anything you can get a cheap folder and make a new blade for it. That's a fun project.
You can carry any knife here as long as it can be seen by looking at you and is not hidden from view under a coat. Same with guns Ohio is an Open Carry state.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Skilled

If you live in Alabama fixed blades can be carried just not concealed if over a three inch blade I believe. Either way I often carry my fixed blades and I've never had an issue with anyone except the wife lol.

Tags
art, back, bee, blade, boot, boot knife, custom, edc, folder, forged, handle, ironwood, knife, knifemaker, knives, made, make, paint, pattern, pocket, project, sharp, sheath, show, wood