MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 02-15-2001, 04:53 PM
Roger Gregory

No more production knives

Well maybe one or two.....

I made a decision a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't just look at knives in the way I have before and say "Hey, that looks cool, I'll buy one if I can afford it" .... unless it is a custom knife, well a handmade, one man-made knife, not a factory job.

But, I quite like the look of the second Spyderco Moran knife with the drop point, and maybe a Benchmade Pinnacle as an everyday in the pocket knife.

Other than those, I am starting to sell off my production knives, everything from cheap knock-off SAKs to AK47 bayonets.

I don't have a huge disposable income but I will be trying to stay custom this year, whether ground, forged or Neo-Tribal......especially Neo-Tribal

Roger
Old 02-15-2001, 05:20 PM
JerryO13

Hooray! Welcome to the custom fold

Think about the productions you ditch, however, You will still need a SAK with a bottle opener and cork screw and something unscary to carry on airplanes!
Old 02-15-2001, 07:29 PM
Terry Hearn

Allright! :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:
Old 02-15-2001, 08:12 PM
primos

Hey, I'm a custom knife kinda guy, but I ain't giving up my SAK (Victorinox Super Tinker).

Old 02-16-2001, 10:03 AM
viper5192

Great Roger, made that descision myself a while back, my wallet is empty, but I am one happy camper ;-)

Old 02-16-2001, 01:04 PM
Roger Gregory

Oh I will keep a few production knives like the Spyderco Moran unless I can find a custom replacement. I think I bought my first custom knife in 1988, it's just taken a long time to see them as all-round using knives as well as collectable items.

I don't intend to get rid of my real SAKs, just the cheapo Taiwanese things people give to me In fact I want a couple more SAKs just so I can always find one lying around somewhere. I also love giving them as presents (in exchange for the traditional penny), even non-knife people come to love having a SAK around.

Last year an Allen Blade Field Trek became my standard camp knife and a Tom Mayo Talonite knife started to go sailing with me

Next I start on the kitchen.....

Roger

Tags
blade, folding knife, knife, knives