MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 01-29-2001, 12:26 PM
Geno

Texas toothpick

What do you "see" when you think Texas toothpick?

Old 01-29-2001, 12:42 PM
Don Cowles

Oosic from a racoon
Old 01-29-2001, 12:48 PM
viper5192

LOL you is funny Don

Peace

I see a big pointy almost dagger /dirk type affair.

Peace

Paul
Circle P Knives
Old 01-29-2001, 01:20 PM
JerryO13

Paul, that's what I see when I think of an Arkansas toothpick.

texas toothpick I think slipjoint folder with a narrow long drawn out clip point.
Old 01-29-2001, 01:36 PM
primos

I hesitated to post this, and if it is deemed unsuitable, then we'll delete it with no hard feelings. Texas Toothpick is apparently a term used for both a slipjoint folder with a narrow long drawn out clip point, and believe it or not, racoon oosic.

Here's the knife version of a "Texas Toothpick"...

And here's the racoon oosic version of a "Texas Toothpick"...

Old 01-29-2001, 02:47 PM
CKDadmin

Primos for President!

Gene ... what do you see?

Alex
Old 01-29-2001, 06:55 PM
viper5192

Terry,

gnarley Racoon, Oosic, guess he won't be using that!!!

Peace

Paul
Old 01-30-2001, 10:01 AM
BCB27

That was more information than I needed to know.

Brett
Old 01-30-2001, 11:17 AM
Don Cowles

Gene, I'm sure you had something in mind when you started this thread.... what the heck was it???
Old 01-30-2001, 11:51 AM
primos

Yeah, I mean it's sort of like having a special news bulletin pop up at 9:00pm that says, "The world as we know it will end tonight... Details at 11:00".

Okay, you've got our attention. Where are we goin' with this thing Gene?

Old 01-30-2001, 11:33 PM
Geno

OK guys - confession time (though some know this).

#1 The reason I'm so slow answering is I'm completely computer illiterate.
My wife (after work and sometimes during) scans the forum and prints out the pert. info for me. I hand scribble a reply and she types it back (when she can) and somehow you guys see it. (You should have seen her explaining how pictures get up here.)

#2 I didn't really ask the question. Pat asked it because one of my good customers asked me to re-define a "Texas" toothpick and build it for him. She was helping me get ideas together any way possible.
I think the best possible way to get information is right here. This place is a blessing.

#3 I don't think racoon oosic is quite what my customer expects. Thanks for trying though. I'll certainly add it to my list of ideas.
Special thanks to Terry for the visual.
I saw that and can't imagine using it for a toothpick.

As was pointed out - "Texas" toothpick is usually a slip joint folder with a thin long clip point blade. I don't know about the racoon oosic. This thing is going to be 5".
I've made the "Arkansas" toothpick before (the double edged dagger) but not the folder.

For those interested - what he meant by re-defining the style -
So far we've changed the design to look like the TT, but 5" long with a stainless steel blade, bronze cable damascus bolsters - front & rear - with curly maple handle and Allan's silver wire inlay. All heavily fileworked with colored titanium liners and different colored filework.

Also scale release automatic with double front adjustable coil springs (no buttons).

BTW - Pat is supposed to give me walk around lessons so I can do this myself during the day while she's at work.
I can't touch anything else though.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:45 AM
primos

Hey Gene,
No problem if you're not a "whiz kid" on the PC yet (no, I didn't know). It's like everything else, you just take it a little bit at a time and don't try to grasp everything at once.

Just get Pat to show you some of the basics. Learn enough to boot up, make your connection, get to the forums, and post messages. Once you're here, there are several of us that can help with just about any PC related stumbling block you might have. That's what the Computer Center forum is for.

Old 01-31-2001, 10:49 AM
viper5192

Maybe when you are done, you can post a pic in The Display Case(that is Pat).

Also, If you take pix along the way, get Pat post them as a how-to to the Folder Forum!

Old 02-01-2001, 12:02 PM
Jason G Howell

I thought it was called a "Cajun" toothpick...

Old 02-01-2001, 03:26 PM
primos

: I don't know if you're poking fun at me or not. Am I the only Louisiana boy here?

Anyway, Shreveport is a long way from Cajun country -- 10 steps west, I'm in Texas. 10 steps north, I'm in Arkansas.

In fact, some of the real Cajuns in south Louisiana refer to us Shreveport folks as Yankees.

Tags
blade, knife, knives, switchblade