MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > Knife Collecting

Knife Collecting From beginner to professional. Discuss the latest trends, get reviews, opinions and more ... If you're serious about collecting custom knives, start here!

Old 12-19-2000, 06:45 PM
JerryO13

What have you acquired this year

Well, it's the end of the year and time to look back ....

I'll start off. I'm only going to mention custom as this is the forum for that.

So far I've gotten 4 customs this year.

first off I picked up a Lynn Griffith "cadet" neck knife a 2" ats-34 bead blast blade with 4" red micarta handle - great bird and trout knife

At the March NY show I grabbed a RJ Martin "Kuzoka" (sp?) 3 1/2" A-2 chisel ground trad. Japanese curved Tanto - trad. Japanese black cord wrap over gray rayskin w/ sterling silver dragon menuki - neck & clip sheath; carbon fiber over wood w/ rare earth magnets for retention

oh I'm so attracted to those rare earth magnets

and last not least 2 from Jens Anso_ _ _ _
A Damasheep 3" Damasteel "Vinland" Swedish Stainless Steel Damascus sheepsfoot hollow ground fixed blade w/ amboina wood handle, gripper filework T&B, 14k gold slug in front of hole

A Damaclaw 1" Damasteel "Vinland" Swedish Stainless Steel Damascus curved claw/talon hollow ground - bare Damasteel drilled handle - Black Rayskin sheath - Vines & Thorns file work on spine of blade

I'm also expecting 2 before Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath.

talk to me people what have you gotten this year!
Old 12-19-2000, 07:08 PM
boybacon

New knives

This year, so far, I've picked up a nifty little utility drop point from Jim Downs with black and yellow G10 scales, a nice skinner from Terry Hearn with Desert Ironwood scales, a nice bowie made specifically for me by Chuck Hawes, a bowie by Keith Kilby (journeyman smith stamp, no less), a Jeff Chaffee fixed blade boot knife, a nice Davis(unsure of which one!) DP Hunter, and a journeyman smith stag handle bowie from Anders.

--Bacon Boy
Old 12-20-2000, 11:06 AM
JerryO13

Re: New knives

All I can say is Pictures! or URL's!
Old 12-21-2000, 10:47 AM
viper5192

Hmmm a nice neck knife from Ray Kirk, a nice Damascus folder from Paul Reynolds, a Bulldog 5 blade, a Puma trapper, 2-3 Max Burnett knives, 1 R. Ogg folder.

Think that's it, at least for my personal keepers

Peace

Paul
Old 12-22-2000, 07:11 PM
Terry Hearn

A new Paragon oven and the FLU :x
Old 12-23-2000, 07:29 PM
Roger Gregory

Custom-wise this year I bought a nice Tom Mayo Talonite hunter with a kingwood handle, a little Arno Bernard knife with warthog tusk and a buffalo hide sheath, a John Greco Companion and the first Allen Blade Field Trek.

I picked up an interesting little Damascus hunter on Ebay - a sort of Bob Loveless copy. It needs new scales and pins and a sheath which should be fun.

A few production knives this year, Camillus damascus CUDA, a Benchmade 330 Pearl from our late friend James Mattis, and a few other things which I can't remember.

I'm waiting on another Allen Blade but the post offices of the US and UK are playing games.

Apart from making knives next year I want one or two production knives, maybe a Benchmade Pinnacle and a Spyderco Moran with the drop point.

I'm thinking of a Jerry Hossom fighter, something special for next year, maybe another Allen Blade or two. I haven't thought of much else yet, perhaps one custom folder as I don't have any yet.

Roger
Old 12-26-2000, 06:22 PM
JerryO13

Cool! I'm glad to see that people are getting new toys!

I just heard from Bob Lum and if the US postal service is good to me I might have my last custom of 2000 or my first custom for 2001.!

Tags
blade, fixed blade, hunting knife, knife, knives