MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 07-27-2022, 07:00 PM
Registered

Arrow First post ever... Mysterious Custom Buck Knife

Hi everyone! As the title reads, this is in fact my first post. I'm an Blacksmith Apprentice near Lake Michigan that's currently working on his first knife. I've made many different things so far such as a plumb bob, S hooks, flint strikers and nails. The reason I'm making this post is not due to blacksmithing but rather because I'd like to humbly request your help in identifying this Buck knife. I recently purchased it, and it was named "Buck Knives Custom Knife," and I haven't got it in hand yet nor do I know what kind of model it is. I'd like to know as much about it as I possibly can before it arrives but I don't recognize it and I couldn't find anything that could help me identify it. All I can tell is that it's a Buck, and that the blade is BOS ATS-34 steel. I didn't take these photographs; they're from the online sale. I'll take better photographs of it once it arrives. Would you happen to know what this is? Any help is appreciated

Old 09-03-2022, 04:23 PM
Master

Looks like a Buck 885 or 501 Tac Lite model.

Too bad sellers use such lousy photos.

Tags
ats-34, blacksmith, blacksmithing, blade, buck, buck custom, buck knife, buck knives, custom, custom knife, fac, first knife, first post, flint, forging, hand, identifying, knife, knives, made, making, post, sale, sasquatch, steel, what kind