MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 08-15-2003, 02:01 PM

My first framelock

Hi,

This is my first picture post to the forums. Let me start out by saying that I know nothing about photography and these pictures are the best I could do for now. They actually came out better than I expected.

Here is my first framelock knife, made pretty much by following Peter Atwood's video step for step. I made one other liner lock folder several years ago, which I was proud of at the time but looking at it now it's pretty bad, so this is my second folder overall. I suppose it's debateable whether it's a framelock or a linerlock - I'm going with framelock.

The frame is .08 titanium, blade is 1/8" ATS-34 handrubbed to 1200 grit. This is the first time I've done a handrubbed finish. I made 2 sets of scales, one in blue textured G-10, about .06 thick I think, and one in .05 titanium. Washers are Nylatron.

Here's the back:

Same knife with titanium scales:

Closed:

Lockup:

Closeup of logo:

Let me know what you think...

Thanks for looking,

Ben
Old 08-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Hall of Famer

looks good for a #2, ben. i like the overall shapes of the blade and the handle, also the interchangeable overlays.
a couple of things do stand out:
1- the stop pin appears to be too far back, or, the tang has too much removed from the top. this lets the blade open too far and gives you that dip in the back line when the knife is open
2- something about the way the thumb cutout doesn't match up on the overlays and frame
3- i would go for a smoother bend in the lock - it appears to have a bit of a kink
thanx for the look

Last edited by whv; 08-15-2003 at 05:03 PM.

Tags
blade, knife, knives