MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 12-27-2001, 02:19 PM
Dana Acker

The Welcome Jeff Sanders Forgin' Get Together

Anyone within driving distance or walking distance, or whatever, keep your schedules open. Jeff Sanders from the Tuscon Tribe is visiting in the area and I'm hoping to get him up to the shop one day soon, perhaps either Friday, Saturday or Sunday PM. Not sure, but we're working on it. I'll contact as many of you as I can, who I know, but stay tuned here for details. It will be real informal, and fun. If you come, bring some stuff you've made and stuff you might want to trade. We always have a major BS and admiration session ongoing.

Food and drinks of choice are always welcome. Bring your favorite hammer and tongs, extra charcoal if you've got any, hot cutters and stuff to be cut if needed, projects you might need a hand with, something to sit on--I've got plenty of ground--but it's hard and cold and will make your butt hurt. Those close enough by, like Phil, Boo, Sammy and Bud--and hey!!! that goes for you too Hawg44--or whatever your name is, might want to e-mail me your addresses and phone numbers so I can contact you in a hurry if need be.

All are welcome! OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PS My house is still a wreck from the furious Christmas knife finishing marathon that ended about 6:00 PM Christmas night. By that time, every room in the house became an extension of my shop, and my shop an extension of my house--ever made toast with a propane torch? It looks kinda like one of those Daisy Cutter bombs went off at a knife show being held at WalMart. I'm working on it, but not very hard, as I've had to work all this week. If you bring your wives or girlfriends, ample warning to this effect is in order.
Old 12-27-2001, 04:39 PM
Dana Acker

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL!

OK, here's the deal. Jeff will be coming up on Saturday. Those of you who'd like to come, why don't you aim to get to my house around 2:30 ish this coming Saturday afternoon. All the same stuff written above still applies. I might try to cook up a pot of chili beans, but y'all will need to bring drinks and chips if y'all want them. How do you like your chili? Welding temp :evil: , critical temp :x , or quenched : ?
Old 12-27-2001, 04:51 PM
hawg44

Re: IT'S OFFICIAL!

that sounds great dana i would like to come up and meet ya'll and learn some things about knife makeing. hey i got my forge done today and started on some stuff, you all are right this stuff is addictive. i'll e-mail ya and get directions, later....hawg44

Tags
forge, knife